AlertFox is a revolutionary new website monitoring service that is leading the next generation of website monitoring technology. The AlertFox regression and performance monitoring engine is powered by iMacros technology.
This page describes a few things that you need to keep in mind when uploading your iMacros macros to the AlertFox service.
If you have never used iMacros before, we recommend the following:
- Install the iMacros Firefox add-on
- Record the transaction that you want to monitor ( How to get started with iMacros )
- Replay the macro to make sure it works on your local system
- Validate your macro against AlertFox
- Log in to AlertFox and copy & paste the macro as a new iMacros sensor
- Click "Test Sensor Now" to test the macro. This triggers a real web browser on the server that runs your macro. The return code is displayed once the macro is completed. A return code of "1" means that the macro was replayed just fine.
- Click "Update" to store the macro
- You are all set now. AlertFox will execute the macro periodically and alert you if the macro fails.
- Avoid working on the system where idrone has been installed as it might interrupt between the Firefox profile deletions that the idrone has to perform at regular intervals
Since AlertFox runs the original iMacros software, it replays the test macros the same way that they run on your desktop. Therefore, all iMacros commands are supported, except a few that require user interaction.
- For file upload tests, dummy test files (.jpg, .png, .pdf, .zip, .doc, and .txt) are available on the server. The path is c:\uploadtest\. The file names are 10k.ext, 100k.ext, and 1M.ext, where .ext is one of the aforementioned file types. The first part of the file name indicates the file size (10k = 10 kilobytes, 1M = 1 MB). If you need other file types or sizes, please contact AlertFox support.
Here is a test upload macro:
URL GOTO=http://depositfiles.com/ TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:FILE FORM=ID:upload_form ATTR=NAME:files CONTENT=C:\uploadtest\1m.zip TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT FORM=ID:upload_form ATTR=VALUE:* TAG POS=1 TYPE=DIV ATTR=ID:main TAG POS=1 TYPE=DIV ATTR=ID:upload_done_block TAG POS=2 TYPE=DIV ATTR=CLASS:upload_form_title
- Download tests are supported, too. You can create macros that download any kind of data. The download directory is purged automatically every ten minutes.
Note that the maximum macro runtime is currently limited to 120 seconds, so the up- or download must be completed during this time. PRO3 customers can contact tech support for individual adjustments.
AlertFox allows you to mark your performance monitoring graphs for public access. This offers several benefits:
- Add a website link to the AlertFox data and show your users that you take quality seriously.
* Your users can see directly how responsive and reliable your web application is. * Or use it only for yourself to skip the AlertFox login.
- There are two options:
* Display current day (default): begin=now&end=now * Display last seven day (week): begin=last7days&end=now
- PRO account users can display a wider range of data. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss.
- PRO account users can display a corresponding Status Page for each sensor. It is a simple website for each sensor with only one word on it: OK, ERROR, WARNING-ORANGE, WARNING-RED or NODATA. The status page is updated whenever the sensor status changes. This status page allows for extremely easy integration of your iMacros sensors with any other system software, such as Nagios or Zenoss. Please email email@example.com to discuss.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or post questions in the iMacros for Firefox forum. (We monitor that forum, too). If you post in the forum, please put [AlertFox]... in your subject line.